Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April Goals/Expenses

Finally!  Two more days until I get paid.  This is a 3 paycheck month, and due to the stimulus, each check has increased to $966.  If all goes according to plan, this nets me $2898 in April.  I currently have $1900 total (on both cards), and an anticipated $1k of spending at the dentist for April.  My plan: 

1st Check- Pay $100 towards card 1, and $500 towards card 2.  Charge $420 (expected dental bill) on card 2.  Pretty much a wash, but allows me to not add anymore to my ccard bill, though not reducing it much.  That will leave me with $366.  I may decide to put an additional $100 toward card 1. 

2nd Check-Pay $600 towards card 1, leaving $366 cash for spending.

3rd Check-Put $200 in bf’s rent fund(I created for his travel savings in lieu of paying rent).  Put $450 towards ccard 2, and use ccard 2 to pay for 2nd dental bill (estimated: $420).  This leaves $316 in discretionary cash until May 14th

 

I have purposely left large amounts of discretionary cash in case my dental work ends up costing more than expected.  I am going off the estimate provided by my dentist.  Any extra money will go to the ccards.  Wish me luck!     

No comments: