Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yay!!

Of course, I’ve been lagging in posts… but, this month I did manage to eliminate my Mom Debt!  At the beginning of February, I owed $1250.  I paid off $630 in my last paycheck, and $620 in this one.  I did get some help in this department due to birthday money ($500!!).  But of course, once I start paying things down, other expenses come up.  I just found out I will have to pay a minimum of $820 out of pocket for two crowns I’m getting (terrible dental insurance) and probably more for some fillings..  Also, this week I am getting a new windshield for my car, which will cost around $300.  Hopefully, with the new glass, I will pass the PA inspection (though I am keeping my car registered in TX until June, which is when I will have to pay for my own insurance!).  My ccard balance is hovering right around 3k, but with my tax refund I hope to knock out half of that.  I also opened another card that gives me miles toward free travel.  It also has a much lower interest rate, and a much larger credit line.  Which is strange, because they are both from Chase!  Anyhow, I guess I’m movin’ on up in the world of debt reduction.. albeit at a snail’s pace.    

1 comment:

Jolie said...

Hey woo hoo you! I paid off my Mom Debt Too! congrats.