Thursday, December 18, 2008

Decisions

Yesterday, my boyfriend called me at work and asked me if I was interested in going to Brazil in February for Carnival.  We would be going with his friend and staying at his friend’s girlfriend’s house that lives in Brazil.  Apparently the exchange rate for the US dollar there is great right now, and we would only need to pay for the flight and food, and the housing would be basically free, other than a gift we would get for the family and some cash we may leave for them.  I want to go so badly!  I would only miss one class, and I can probably get the time off for it (the time off schedule hasn’t been made yet). 

Lucky boyfriend went to Brazil last year with work, so he’s a little more familiar with it than I am, but I want to go so badly!  The main part that sucks is that it only gives me a few paychecks to scrape up about a grand, and it also means it will put me behind in being debt free for the year.  However, I am expecting a bonus in February, so that should help me get ahead a little bit.  Unfortunately, I can’t put it toward my trip, bc I will probably receive it while I’m on vacation.  I have made the decision that if everything works out, I will go, but it means I will have to set aside $400 from this paycheck, $700 from the next paycheck (Jan.8th) , and another $400 from Jan.22nd paycheck.  This should give me ample money for a ticket and activities while I’m down there, but it does mean lean times for me until the trip.  I wish I had more notice and more time to save, but I guess if I had beefed up my travel fund earlier, I wouldn’t be having these problems.          

No comments: