Friday, December 26, 2008

Visitors

Last weekend I had visitors (a good friend from high school and my best friend).  We started Friday night off with dinner at a Thai restaurant, which I picked up the tab for ($70).  We went out for drinks afterwards which they covered.  Saturday morning we all went to Panera Bread for breakfast (~$20, picked up by me) followed by some shopping at the Outlets ($41), a beer tour (free) and booze sampler (~$10 covered by friend, drank by all of us), then a trek to another mall where I bought lunch for us in the food court (~$12), and also bought some Bare Escentuals powder ($26) at Sephora, and redeemed a fragrance certificate I had bought online (amazing grace).  I also bought some miscellaneous supplies (pens and other knick knacks to mail to my friends, ~$20) but my boyfriend accidentally threw them out before I even made my packages.  Oh well, I guess I’ll start over.  Saturday night we went to a party, and ate and drank for free, which was nice.  Sunday morning we ate breakfast at Atlanta Bread Co, paid for by one friend, and then shopping (I bought a book, $7)and the other friend paid for lunch at a Mexican restaurant ($40).  Then we went to a movie (I paid about $21 for the 3 of us) and we were still full from lunch, so didn’t really have dinner.  They left on Monday morning.  Total damage for the weekend was a little more than $200.  Not too bad, but I am entertaining one of those friends again this weekend, and these things add up, especially since I will be driving back and forth a ton showing her the sights.  *Sigh*.. Having friends around is fine and good, but it hard trying to entertain and keeping the budget low.  We could have eaten more at the house, but opted not to.  Oh well.  Christmas update coming soon.

No comments: