Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Old Habits Die Hard

So, it looks like I have sort of tapered off on the debt reduction, and somehow even managed to add to it.  Ccard one is at $983, and ccard two is at 917!  I know ccard one has nothing on it but interest (about 29 bucks), but ccard two has had many large-ish purchases on it lately:  ~ $100 on party food, another $100 on a jewelry armoire(part of my remodeling I’m doing once the roommate moves), ~$160 on my sister’s 21st birthday gift (Tiffany initial necklace), and another $120 to cover part of a dinner at Fogo de Chao when me and the bf were on vacation.  All of this was unnecessary spending, I kNOW!! Almost $500 worth!  Now I must work my way down from almost $2k again.  Dammit!  The good thing though is that my gifts for April are almost taken care of.  I gave my bf $175 cash to pay for the seat covers he wanted for his birthday.  It is good in a way, because I would have been tempted to charge it.  The only person I have left to buy for is his sister, and I think I will be getting her some pink converse (~45 bucks).  Normally, I would not be buying expensive gifts for anyone other than the bf, but since both his and my sister are turning 21, I figured I would get them some nicer stuff.  My regular price for my sister would be about $50, and for his sister  it would be about $25 for birthday(if I’m planning on seeing her), and something nicer for Christmas.  My family doesn’t celebrate Christmas, but his does, and it ends up being quite an (expensive) affair.  This past year I bought a lot of nice presents, but did start planning for it well ahead of time.  After my dental work next month, I will be at a $3k debt balance : ( Eee.  Not good.  I will need to be more proactive about getting this stuff taken care of.  The other new thing I’ve done is set aside the rent money I would be paying him in a special account for vacation.  I keep the account, and when it comes time to book the trip, I will take his expenses out of that fund and refund him the rest of the money.  Since I pay $200/month, the goal is $1800 for Apr-Dec rent.  I already put in the $200 for April.  Also, bf has agreed to go splitsies with me on a small dining room table and chairs for our anniversary (in June).  Last year we went on an all day shopping spree and spent a couple hundred bucks on each other, so this is pretty much the same idea.  The set I have in mind costs $375, so this is a great deal since it is something I was going to buy anyways.  I think I need a side job or business.

      

No comments: