Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day - Update

Today I have the day off! Also, it is the last week for my two super-hard classes, so starting next week I should have some more posts up. So far this is what has happened in the past week:

1) My Electric Orange Account is up and running. I got my mom set up as a payee to send electronic checks to. Since she doesn't have email to accept the payments with, I had the emails sent to me, and I go in and approve the payments. So far, my mom debt is now down to $1,600. I am aiming for that to be down to at least $1,000 before the year is over. So far, Electric Orange has been awesome. I asked the BF if he wanted to get his rent paid that way, but he prefers cash. It's easier and cheaper than PayPal (and it's free!). The only downside is it takes a few days to get the money into your ING account from your local bank, and then another couple days for the transfer to go through.

2) My boyfriend gave me the Mini PC! It's for Christmas, but he said I can use it in the meantime, and then he's going to wrap it up around Xmas when we go to his parents so I can open it there and pretend to be surprised. : ) It's the Acer Inspire One with a 6 cell battery. It's so cute and light! And the battery lasts like, 5 and a half hours!! Much better than my old Dell Inspiron 6000, which tops out at about 2 hours and also weighs a ton.

3) Finished buying the bulk of my Xmas presents and wrapping them!! I still have to get stuff for my boyfriend and his mom, and those two are going to be expensive and hard to shop for. Also, a few key friends are getting presents too. But, I'm glad the majority of my shopping is done for now.

4) On Thursday, I get paid!! For this paycheck, I have no rent or bills due, so I'm going to put extra payments toward my mom debt and credit card debt.

5) My friend Christine will be coming to visit near the end of the month before my next paycheck, so I need to keep some money on hand for that. She is a super-spender. She makes my bad spending habits look good. She's coming on a Saturday morning, so I'm going to take her to the King of Prussia Mall for a bit, then out for lunch, then back to the house for a bit to change, then out for dinner and drinks, and then back in to play video games for the rest of the night.

Ok, time to finish my take home exam, then head to school!

No comments: