Sunday, October 5, 2008

Good News!

It seems that October is a good month for me financially. I went home and received $200 from my Dad. When I came back, I also got a check for $320 from a guy that hit my bumper in August, and I received a refund for half of my textbook that got lost in the mail (~$28). Yay!! This is also the first month I have no bills left to pay from my old apartment! Also, I ended up finding the North Face backpack I wanted online for a much cheaper price! At o2gearshop.com, I ordered the backpack I wanted for $49.99, which includes free shipping, and I get a free water bottle with it. Every other website I looked on had the backpack for ~$78! The main reason I got this specific model (Borealis) is because my laptop is older and kind of bulky, and this was one of the few cool ones that would fit it. After coming home and telling my boyfriend about the backpack, he told me he was buying me a new mini PC for Christmas so I won't have to lug my big laptop everywhere!! I'm v. excited!! I don't know what I can get him that's really going to top that. Now I guess that large PC pocket in the backpack is not as necessary, but I am still happy to get a new one. I've decided not to buy any new clothing (except winter gear) until I lose 30lbs, so I can focus on buying other things. : ) I've also started Christmas shopping for this year, and have a nice pile of stuff saved, and some of it is wrapped already. YaY! Also, I finally got my Electric Orange Account with ING, so I can start making automatic payments to my mom to pay her back. I hate sending her checks, because she never cashes them in a timely manner, so this should fix that problem. I have a few weeks left for my two difficult half-semester classes, and I'll be starting another easier one towards the end of October. Tomorrow I get to sign up for my Spring semester classes, and I'm going to try not to overextend myself. This semester has been super hard!

No comments: