Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Spending

I actually managed to make it through a Saturday spending $0. The bf and I helped his Grandma move, and in return were fed lunch and dinner.. Yum! I had gotten her a housewarming present from her favorite gift store (a local shop called The Garden Path), which was a glass bowl on a silver stand with three sparrows on it.  It was originally $70, but I got it for $35 on sale, and she loved it.  I put both my name and the bf's name on the card, so he ended up looking like a rockstar.   Sunday, however, I spent quite a bit more.  Bf and I went to Sears, and I found a great deal on a massive tool storage chest that bf wanted for Xmas.  It was on sale for $199, and came with an add-on that costs $89 for free.  It ended up being $211 with tax, and I left $5 in his roommate's truck that we borrowed to haul it over.  I would rather have waited until next payday to buy it, because my friend is coming from out of town this weekend, but the sale would be over by then and he wouldn't get the free piece.  Since he told me what he was getting me and gave me my present early, I let him have  his early too.  I will probably get him a few little things here and there (socks, candy, etc.) that I'll wrap for him to open at his parents' house, but the main present portion is complete!  He spent the rest of the day on Sunday rearranging the garage and setting up his tool area.  Now, I have the bulk of my Xmas shopping done, (I bought his aunt and uncle's presents last week.. woohoO!) and I have about $300 to last me until the 30th (10 days).  This should be fine, since I have no real bills to pay, but in between now and payday I am taking a friend out to lunch (belated birthday), contributing to a birthday potluck with some food and probably a gift, and having an out-of-town guest (which usually means lots of shopping, going out to eat, and drinking).  I was going to make another payment toward my mom debt, but that will have to wait until later. My ccard bill is down to $2865, and my mom debt stands at $1600.  Here is what I have allotted for next pay :
Total : $950
Rent  - $200
Ccard -$350
---------------
Leaves: $400 to spend on food, cell phone bill, and other miscellany that comes up over the next few weeks.  I also need to look into contributing more to my emergency and vacation funds.  I should also be saving more in general, bc my best friend is flying up to PA from New Orleans at some point during the holidays, and we plan on going all over the Northeast-- NYC, DC, and possibly parts of Maryland.  Also, my best friend from Middle School found me on Facebook!  She lives in Canada, so we'll be making plans to meet up soon as well.  I also found out I have Veteran's Day off!  Once my cell phone plan ends and I switch to prepaid in December, I won't have to worry about paying that every month.  I was also thinking about getting a seasonal job to stash extra money over the next few months. 

No comments: