Sunday, September 7, 2008

Goal 3: Travel Fund

Actually, I have already started my travel fund through ING Direct, but there's only about $50 in there. I would like to have enough money to take a trip abroad once my boyfriend finishes grad school next summer. He does travel a decent amount for his job (he's in Brazil right now), but we would like to go to Australia or South Africa on our own schedule. The goal for this fund is $3000 by next summer. In the meantime, we will take different weekend trips to tide us over. Living in Central PA, we are within driving distance of NYC, Atlantic City, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Pittsburgh. Taking little trips is probably counter-productive to my financial goals, but I think it will help maintain my sanity. I also travel a few times a year to see my family in Houston (where I moved from), but my dad takes care of that. I would like to start buying my own plane tickets for those trips as well.

No comments: