Sunday, September 7, 2008

State of Things- Weekend Spending

I knew this weekend was going to be a little pricey. I had a dinner party on Friday, and four of my friends came over. I spent $32 bucks on wine, which ran out quickly, with the guests rushing out to buy more before the liquor store closed. I spent $73 on groceries. The party turned out to be a success, with everyone getting well-fed and tipsy. For about ~$20 a head, we had a chocolate fountain with fruits, marshmallows, pretzels, and pound cake, veggies, chips & dip, to start. Then I made a salad with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and mushrooms. For the main course, I made fettuccine alfredo with a choice of chicken or shrimp, and garlic bread. For dessert I made a cheesecake (from scratch) with strawberry topping. There was enough food leftover for everyone to take home an extra meal with them, so I sent everyone home with a container or two of food. On Saturday, it was raining like crazy, but there were essentials I needed to stock up on at Costco. I bought garbage bags, Clorox Clean-up, toilet paper, laundry detergent, Oust, and new boxers for the bf. The bill ended up being about ~$70, but that should last a year, since it was a year ago we joined and bought all that stuff. Since the bf is out of the country until next weekend, I'm also paying the water bill ($35) this month. After Costco, I went to Target and picked up more boxers for the bf, some super-cute Nick & Nora sock monkey pj pants, and a little metal shelf thing (etagere) to go ontop of the toilet. I was going to get it set up before bf gets back, but it needs to be screwed into the wall, and we want to paint the bathroom, so I want to go over the colors before painting. Anyhow, it's getting put aside pending a discussion. The total spent at Target was ~$67. Today I spent about $ 5 on Subway. My total weekend spending was: ~$282. That's kind of a lot. There are 11 days left until my next paycheck, and I have : ~$100 in the bank, $60 cash, and $158 being deposited to my bank account this week from half.com from textbook sales. That leaves me with about $300 bucks to last me until the next paycheck. I am going out tomorrow night for Indian food with my girlfriends, but I have a restaurant.com gift certificate for $25 off $35, so dinner shouldn't be too expensive, and that would buy enough food for me and a friend. Also, I am expecting a nice package from a Tastefully Simple party. I had never heard of it until I moved to PA, but I went to a party last weekend where the host makes all this food using Tastefully Simple mixes, and almost everything was amazingly delicious and easy to make. Since the bf is coming back next Saturday morning, I'm hoping my package comes this week so I can have some of those treats made for him!

No comments: